Thursday, December 19, 2013

Intership and Animation

It's been a while since I updated and let's just start with the big update first. I tried putting off writing this anywhere since nothing had been finalized yet but I guess it's official now. I'll be interning as a VFX artist at Grid-VFX in Ghent! My contract was signed last week. I'm really excited to work on some of the projects they're running with! I also found a place to live only two days later. I guess I got really lucky with that one.




As for what I am working on right now; it's a short animation supposed to last between 15 and 20 seconds portraying a change in attitude. I'm using the Max for Maya rig which animates like a charm. Nothing new there. As of yesterday I've finished blocking out poses and am fixing the interpolation on a grand scale in the graph editor. I'm getting some weird rotations and translations from only one arm and the head. The rest is working fine.


For this animation I am trying to challenge myself by making an animation for a drunk guy. It's about 100 frames of alcohol induced strolling but I really want to get it right. Below is my block out. So far I've worked out about half of it. Still the blocking phase though.



In other news, I've been fooling around in Nuke but nothing substantial has come from that. Fun program; need to learn more.

Kind regards,
Pim

No comments:

Post a Comment