Monday, November 26, 2012

Maya fatal error on startup (day2) [fixed]

Maya crashing on start up seems to be a problem caused by updating my ATI driver. Rolling back has no effect. Disabling the graphics unit or deleting it's drivers allows me to run Maya at a low resolution.


I added a Mel script to copy any errors provided by the script editor. This is what it gave me so far:


"addSelectTypeItem: (kFailure): Unexpected Internal Error"

I'm contemplating a recovery to factory defaults for this laptop.

Kind regards,
Pim

---

Edit: Problem seems fixed after removing all Autodesk software and all AMD drivers, plug-ins and programs and then installing everything from scratch again.


Edit2: Maya files made days before the crash all seem corrupt. Gotta go fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment